Hello! This is a blog for my illlustration work.
All works © helen dodsworth.
Please do not reproduce without the expressed written consent of helen dodsworth.
Thank you!

Sunday 1 November 2015

Workshop for Down the Rabbit Hole event at Essex libraries



As part of this project I ran a workshop at Chelmsford library, to consult with a group of young people about what parts of the story they would like me to illustrate, and to think about character design.
The work shown here is by Katie, Rebecca, Eloise, Sarah, Jessica, Gabriella and Ella.
A big thank you to you all for joining in, it was great to work with you all.


 
This is a close up of the quick thumbnail sketches I drew for each scene, under direction from the group, during the workshop. Although the exact composition was tweaked and added to when I worked on the final illustrations, I kept these in mind whilst drawing, with a few extra details added here and there.

 
 
I thought I’d post a photo of my work space. Whilst I was working on the illustrations I had copies of the drawings from the workshop stuck on the wall next to me, along with the written descriptions for the characters that the group gave me, and layout ideas for each scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment