Hello! This is a blog for my illlustration work.
All works © helen dodsworth.
Please do not reproduce without the expressed written consent of helen dodsworth.
Thank you!

Friday 17 July 2015

'Sharks, Dolphins and other Sea Creatures' latest children's educational activity book for DK Books





I recently received my copy of the activity book 'Sharks, Dolphins and other Sea Creatures' by DK Books, which also includes stickers! (mine are the killer whale and beluga whale illustrations).

I had no idea how cute Beluga whales were until I was asked to draw one, I would love to be able to see one now, they really do blow bubble rings, how ace is that?





This is a little illustration for a grid based game. The brilliant senior designer Sadie Thomas would give me a brief to work to, then she would take my illustration and add the photos and text to turn it into the completed activity page. The killer whale stickers are to add to this page too.
 


This spread included large stickers to stick in place, then the whole page could be coloured in. I originally drew the walrus waving, but was told to alter it as it is an educational book so should be more realistic, (which is completely fine but secretly I like to believe that if you met a walrus in real life he might wave at you)

No comments:

Post a Comment